I have applied again for this round at the International Librarians Network peer mentorship programme.
I have experienced that even though I sometimes don’t get a very engaged peer mentor, I still get much worth from the discussion points and networking opportunities through social networks.
My reasons for applying to become a peer mentor at ILN:
- Meeting a librarian from across the world whom I would never have met otherwise.
- Learning about the library profession globally.
- Having a peer mentor to ask questions about my daily challenges, and not feeling as isolated about our challenges here. The challenges are universal!
- Learning about different sections in the library from a librarian in the field.
- With each round I am able to add a new global connection to my networking circle! It’s great to say that I now know a librarian in England, Australia, Bangladesh, Spain and Zimbabwe!
It’s worth signing up each time!
Sign up here: Apply for the ILN
More info: How the ILN program works
The application process closes on 15th February for the next round in 2016.