The Storify was made in answer to Thing 14 of ANZ 23 Mobile Things: Curating with Pinterest, Tumblr and Scoop.It.
I am a big user of curation in my daily life, and the following points clarify the importance of curation.
The positives of using curation as a Information Specialist
– I am using curation on a daily basis to enhance my own professional development
– I keep up to date with the latest news, research and developments in my professional niche.
– I am able to connect with like-minded peers, as well as my community.
– I am increasing my social media presence in the niche that I would like to be known in.
– It is an activity that should not be neglected, but be part of compulsory duties of every day.
If neglected, it will banish you to the “nether regions of lost librarianship”, I’m sure!
I love curating on Scoop.It, because it is a very easy way to compile the most recent highlights about a certain topic or field of interest.
I have two topics that I am trying to curate on a daily basis.
The Information Professional
Future Knowledge Management
ANZ 23 Mobile Things and Blogging in June put a bit of a damper on my curation, but I will be continuing. I find it extremely valuable for my own professional development!
I only noticed recently that the Scoop.It curated posts can be embedded, and will try to see if I can accomplish it in the sidebar as well.
I am trying to embed one of my Scoops, but so far not accomplishing it…