This week has been about Thing 9, QR codes of ANZ 23 Mobile Things.
I do not think we have seen the end of the uses of QR codes, and that it can be applied in so many different ways in the library and archive environments.
I was thinking about our own radio archive environment:
– How fantastic would it be to have a museum archive of some of our Radio Archives material, with QR codes pointing to some audio and sounds from the archives!
– To put up QR codes in our offices, pointing to blog posts about our collections and our archivists.
– To have QR codes pointing to our website and contact details in the reception area.
– To add QR codes to our archived formats, pointing to the meta data on our cataloguing systems.
– To make screencasts and video tutorials of how to for the radio archives.
We made a QR code for the SABC Media Libraries’ blog, but only as a type of experiment and to see how it works.
I do not think we have seen the end of QR codes and their uses yet!
In the meantime, I am overwhelmed by the New Librarianship Master Class open online course which started this week.
I love the material, and how it has opened up my eyes to the fact that we (as librarians/archivists/Information Professionals) are the masters of our own destinies!