The Storify was made in answer to Thing 14 of ANZ 23 Mobile Things: Curating with Pinterest, Tumblr and Scoop.It.
I am a big user of curation in my daily life, and the following points clarify the importance of curation.
The positives of using curation as a Information Specialist
– I am using curation on a daily basis to enhance my own professional development
– I keep up to date with the latest news, research and developments in my professional niche.
– I am able to connect with like-minded peers, as well as my community.
– I am increasing my social media presence in the niche that I would like to be known in.
– It is an activity that should not be neglected, but be part of compulsory duties of every day.
If neglected, it will banish you to the “nether regions of lost librarianship”, I’m sure!
Flipboard is such a great reading app for pulling together all your feeds, as well as your timelines from Twitter and Facebook and Tumblr, and all else you can think of.
I have Google Reader also feeding here, and apparently it will be save when Google Reader shuts down it’s service in 5 days’ time.
It is worth signing up to Flipboard for just this reason alone!
The magazines that can be created and personalized by adding stories from all the feeds are a great way organizing topics that you are interested in.
I have made a Flipboard magazine for ANZ 23 Mobile things.
It is possible to subscribe to this magazine, and I am able to invite contributors to add to this.